Getting married is one of the most important milestones in our lives. While there is no such thing as a “perfect union,” premarital counselling can help you and your partner address issues that married couples commonly struggle with. The purpose of this proactive counselling strategy is to prevent couples from engaging in negative behaviour that often breaks marriages, and causes unforetold damage.
During the week- end long workshop you will have the benefit of being guided by two trained psychologists who specialize in relationships and are themselves in long term marriages. Having a third-party weigh in on common marriage concerns like the meaning of marriage in our African community, dealing with finances and creating multi-generational wealth and how to deal with extended family is sure to start your journey with the necessary provisions to succeed.
By sharing this experience with other couples who are at the same life stage as you will also be building a rich tribe of likeminded individuals whom you may even eventually call your friends.
Benefits of a Culturally sensitive Premarital counselling
- Deep understanding yourself and your partner’s psychological make up and how that can impact your union
- It will help increase your likelihood for happiness because you will identify your fears, values, beliefs, needs, and desires and learn how to communicate them to your partner.
- It will help you learn how to be a good listener, so you know what the other person wants and needs.
- You will learn to keep an open line of communication and expressing love, to build a relationship that can withstand the test of time.
- It will assist you to understand how to integrate our culture and the new world to strengthen your marriage
- It will help you build a network of like-minded people